The television media were waiting all day to ask you two a few questions...
Day two of BassoGATE and the last honest man in Danbury and his majority leader are no where to be found.
Let's get everyone up-to-date since the public release of Basso's boneheaded emails to her "pals."
1. The other Common Council member as well as the member of the Planning Commission have not stepped forward to explain their actions
2. The Pauline Basso email bombshell is still the talk of Connecticut with the story continuing to gain headlines on the networks (e.g., check the image on the right of the scrollbar during this morning's Good Morning America).
3. The only thing we have from Basso is:
• A half-hearted private "apology" in which we are to believe that she "learned" her lesson ALTHOUGH she offended several ethnic groups in Danbury in a series of offensive emails over a series of months (ranging from April to August) and,
• A flippant response in yesterday's News-Times in which Basso states "I really have nothing to say...I sent an apology and that's it." This comes from a person and a mayor who tried everything to keep this quiet as opposed to Basso doing the right thing and apologizing to the entire public for unacceptable behavior (again, the emails were sent over a series of months.
4. The public anger towards Basso is intensifying to an alarming level as more members of the public view the emails that were distributed yesterday.
The man who proclaims "People over Politics" wouldn't return phone calls from the media and his majority leader (who was seen at City Hall during the morning) has somehow vanished off the face of the earth.
WHERE'S THE LEADERSHIP in a Mayor and Majority leader that refuse to answer questions from the television networks?
WHERE'S THE LEADERSHIP in a Majority leader who offers flippant remarks when questioned about her disgusting emails?
WHERE'S THE LEADERSHIP in the other Republicans who don't step forward and express regret over their role in the whole matter? Your silence speaks volumes about your character.