Now lets break down this "comment" and expose the ugly.
1. The username of the comment is "el ilegal borracho." Now, we'll just assume that the person who made this remark isn't the brightest person on his street so we'll give him/her a pass on the incorrect spelling of the word illegal. The Urban Dictionary defines the word "borracho" as the following:
Mexican or Chicano slang for a drunkard.
2. The address of the user is "Bedford/Mount Kisco/Guatland." For those who don't know, the term "guat" is defined as the following:
A racist name for any individual of Guatemalan heritage.
Basically, calling someone a "guat" is the same as the term "nigger" or "spic".
3. The comment speaks for itself:
Dirty racial police men hate us immigrunts. we just come to U.S. for better licor. Lazy americans have too much licor so we come to help drink. drity selfish americans need to help us when we drunk.
4. The photo used by the jerk who made this comment is Rene Perez, THE PERSON AT THE CENTER OF THE ARTICLE WHO WAS ALLEGEDLY BEATEN AND DUMPED ON THE STREET FOR DEAD BY THE POLICE.
5. Finally, the IP address is from Danbury so it's safe to assume that the person who made this comment is indeed from Danbury.
• This comment has been on the News-Times board since Saturday.
• This comment has probably been read by the Perez family who are still in a state of mourning.
• This comment should have been removed instantly.
• Comments like this reinforce the belief among many in this state that Danbury is the armpit of Connecticut.
• Local embarrassments such as Joel Urice and Pauline Basso probably think this is a joke.
• Thank the News-Times for not monitoring their message boards good enough. At some point they should consider removing the comment feature all together and save the "comments" for their forum section.
• Thank the mayor for creating an racially insensitive environment where this type of nonsense goes on openly a daily basis and idiots like Elise Marciano can give the impression that she has common sense (with or without the sheet).