1. Went to Mayor Boughton's community forum at the King Street school and lets just say the mayor had some interesting things to say about a few topics including informaiton on the bomb threat/bank robbery, the bonding issue, and recent threats against immigrant rights supporters that have surfaced from the anti-immigrant whack-packers (AGAIN). The last honest man in Danbury also had me in stitches over his latest response regarding the rate of increase in the property taxes (which requires it's own seperate post). I'll role out the video footage and break things down later.
2. I guess I made a pretty good impression on last week's cable access show "Ideas at Work and Beyond." My appearance about the Hispanic Center is now the most watched Ideas at Work and Beyond episode on YouTube grabbing over 100 viewers since Saturday (which isn't bad for a local access show).
I've been approached by several people throughout the week who congradulated me shedding light on the obvious laundry list of lies that's STILL flowing from City Hall in regards to the Center. It's moments like that we're doing this website is worth the hassle.
3. If you like what I had to say last week, BE SURE TO TUNE INTO CHANNEL 23 TONIGHT at 9PM as I'll be part of a roundtable discussion about our lovely City Clerk Jean Natale. Let's just say that I'm going to get a few things off of my chest.
4. ALSO TONGIHT, please be sure to visit the site at 6PM as I'll be hosting a LIVE BLOG from the Bill Melillo for State Represenative fundraiser. Melillo is racing against State Rep Jane Giegler for the 138th District seat and tonight, I'll have my video gear set up in order to do a series of interviews from the fundraiser. Make sure to tune in because you never know what's going to happen during a live broadcast.
5. Anger is STILL brewing over the chain of events that led up to the denial of the funds for the Hispanic Center. Columinsts, reproters, and activists from across the country are up in arms over city hall's latest attack upon the immigrant community and seems like the lunatics that operate their bigotry under the shadows are about to be in for a wake-up call that will make the Pauline Basso/Joel Urice/Mary Teicholtz email scandal look like child's play.
I'm working very hard with several mainstream media outlets in terms of offering my video footage and background information (including the slanderous and defaming LIES that were told from the anti-immigrant establishment) and lets just say that some people should be getting phone calls from reporters soon. This "racially motivated" story is FAR from over...people are just busy doing their homework for now.
6. Since I won't be in town this weekend, I want to inform everyone that Congressman Chris Murphy will be in town hosting a housing and mortgage education event at City Hall this Saturday at 2 P.M.
7. Finally, it's that time of the year when I pack up my things and spend some time in Newport R.I. Don't be alarmed, I'll still be blogging...in fact, it's in Newport where I do my best work because I'm able to write in peace. I'll probablty post pictures from Newport from time to time in an effort to make everyone jealous :-)
That's it, make sure to come back here at 6 P.M.