I don't know what's funnier, this front page photo from last Wednesday, which clearly shows that ONCE AGAIN Jean Natale is NOT IN HER OFFCICE DOING HER JOB or our City Clerk acting like she has an appreciation for the arts.
Lets check the score...
So far we know that the current City Clerk:
- Has been publically critcized for NOT BEING AVAILABLE IN HER OFFICE (opting instead to waste her time chatting it up in the Registrar of Voters office).
- Moonlights as a Justice of the Peace performing weddings during City Hall hours
- Has been routinely criticized (due to her incompetency) by Minority Leader Tom Saadi and the Democratic Common Council delegation
SAADI: Getting information, getting meetings scheduled, getting meetings posted on the website is taking so long. Now Jean did injury herself and that’s understandable because she was out of the office for a few weeks but her even being in there, I’m still waiting. I’ve been waiting for weeks to get information [...] this is a disservice to the council, it is a disservice to the public and to you to have to wait so long for information and to not get replies to emails or to requests for information.
- Has been chastized by the state's Freedom of Information commission
- Has been criticized by a fellow Republican who called Natale's actions in the Hispanic Center fiasco "racially motivated"
DIGGS: This ad-hoc meeting was not properly posted in a manner that it should have been by the City Clerk and to include persons who they wanted in this ad-hoc meeting, and may I add, individuals from the community who have downplayed the importance of diversity in the city.
I checked with Corporation Council regarding with constitutes a legal meeting but at this point...I'm fully beyond that point, I'm fully beyond that issue and I really want to speak this evening on the process...I'm talking about the process that transpired almost two weeks ago.
My remarks are really about inclusion and about race because this is what the denial of funding for the Hispanic Center is all about. I know I was denied access or even knowing about this meeting because it was promoted in a very secretive and underhanded manner by quite a number of the Republican leaders and the City Clerk's office.
I contacted the City Clerk after learning of the meeting and she stated that she was too busy during the course of the week to post the meeting. I contacted the Council President the day after the meeting was held and he simply stated that it was posted in the Common Council chambers..."
BOUGHTON: The issue as it relates to whether it was posted or not posted is really germane to the funding of the Hispanic Center...
DIGGS: It really is focused on the funding of the Hispanic Center because I think it was all racially motivated...
- Wasted 5,000 in taxpayer's dollars in the placement of a two page ad of the proposed changes to the City Charter which was a.) not needed and b.) a violation of state law that could possibly place the entire charter revision process in jeopardy
- ...and apparently is someone who had no problem standing next to a skinhead who advocated violence agaisnt immigrants.
Come November, PLEASE think before you vote...trust me, Danbury can do better.