HatCityBLOG 2007 Archive: Taborsak rips Boughton over budget
Time: 5:00 PM
To give you an insight on what's to come, from 2007 here's Lynn Taborsak taking Boughton to task for his budget proposal for the 07-08 fiscal year. Note the list of concerns from then Councilwoman Taborsak regarding several problems with the budget process, which was rushed due to the resignation of then Department of Finance Chairwoman Dena Diorio.
Take note of the silly budget items from Boughton which Taborsak highlights, which include:
* 50,000 dollars in "transition" funding Ives Center.
* 146,000 tax break for BRT dormitory on Crosby Street.
* Lack of FULL broadcasting of meetings on the government access channel
* Hispanic Center funding taken away from them (in retaliation to the center's activism towards the rights of the immigrant community) to The Bridge to Independence and Career Opportunities (TBICO).
* Underfund the school budget by 1 million dollars
Watch and learn...
Prepare for fireworks this election season as Taborsak has a history of really going after Boughton in a way not seen by previous Democratic candidates for mayor.
...in short, this is going to be UGLY.
Hat City Blog | READ, WATCH, AND LEARN.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.