"We get thousands of checks from thousands of people and we just wouldn't have any way of knowing something like that is happening."Mayor Boughton's response to his acceptance of James Galante alleged bundled campaign contributions
You didn't think I'd forget to grab a copy of our mayor's campaign finance statements?
As we approach Election Day, I thought it would be great to post a copy of our city's last honest man's finance statements.
When it comes to Mark Boughton, it's always important to show
- Additional illegal bundled campaign contributions from James Galante
- Democratic town committee members who donated to Boughton's campaign,
- An family-owned immigrant newspaper that has donated (along with immediate family members) over 600 dollars in in-kind advertising contributions in late 2005 (NOTE: although the in-kind advertising contribution was received on 10.10.05, Boughton's campaign did not disclose the contribution until after the election against then Democratic mayoral candidate Dean Esposito on 01.10.06). The same business donated over 1,400 to Boughton during the 2007 campaign cycle (including 1,100 after the ICE ACCESS program was introduced in during the October Common Council meeting)
- Massive contributions from developers (including the infamous Dan Bertram of BRT) and well as
- Contributions from some of the top anti-immigrant, racist, xenophobes in the area.
- Contribution from the main players who contributed to the worst episode in the history of Danbury: The James Dyer scandal of the 1980s.
Help follow the money trail and connect the dots...