1. Tonight at 9 P.M., I'll be a co-host on the cable access show Ideas at Work and Beyond. Our guest will be State Rep. John Frey (R-111th District) followed up with a round table discussion on all the local nonsense. Joining the roundtable with Host Marty Heiser and myself will be former City Clerk and mayoral candidate Helena Abrantes.
If you're outside of the Comcast range, don't fear...the show will not be broadcasted live in real time on the internet (we'll, I'm trying out the feature for the first time tonight). UPDATE: The internet feed didn't go off as well as expected so I'll try again next week.
You will be able to view tonight's episode here starting at 9:00 PM or at the show's official blog.
2. Just put the finishing touches on the new section of this site dedicated to the elimination of the position of City Clerk.
Thanks to all of the people who helped make this special edition of HatCityBLOG happen and I'm very excited to show off the new features. Hopefully after 20+ years of trying, we can finally get a charter revision commission to do the right thing and bring an end to one of the most useless positions at City Hall and have a replaced with a NON-POLITICAL, civil service staff (which won't be presiding over weddings or yapping it up with the Registar of Voters during the day).
3. The new show is only a signing of the contract away. Seeing that certain local bigot/wedding d.j./former disgraced "special" police officer/pathetic hotdog vendor who mysteriously changed his last name is still spreading B.S. and is still whining about the live show he produced canceled and being correctly exposed by the press throughout Connecticut as a disgusting low-life hate-monger who wants members of the immigrant community SHOT ON THE SPOT, I decided to speed things along a bit in an effort to put an end to the nonsense. Had to put things on hold while I learn new video software but I think we're at a point where the show can move forward.
4. I'll be presenting some of my video archive to a number of national organizations that are interested in what occurring on Danbury. Hopefully, the racism, xenophobia, and it's connections to policy at City Hall will get the true national attention it deserves.
5. Remember, HatCityBLOG is now a member of the AmericaTowns community.
6. If your a business, campaign, or someone looking to promote something that's happening in the area, you can always place an ad on this site. It's cheap and VERY easy. Email me at email@example.com for rates.
7. There's more stuff on the horizon but I have to keep my mouth shut due to my annoying legal counsel who's has me on a tight leash.
8. In honor of the worse hot dog vendor in Danbury (and a shot across the bow to the OTHER LYING xenophobes who will be receiving their 15 minutes of fame courtesy of yours truly REAL SOON), here's a trip back in memory lane from one year ago.
You thought last year's exposure of the Big(o)T was a eye-opening...trust me, you haven't seen nothing yet.