The John McGowan court case trainwreck continues...
This week, the Fairfield County Weekly bestowed the former mayoral candidate, and former United States Citizens for Immigration and Law Enforcement vice president with the CLOWN O METER top honors for his pseudo-law defense in his court case.
Opting to defend himself without legal counsel, McGowan, who's facing a possible maximum sentence of 20 years if convicted on first degree sexual assault charges, has really embarrassed himself with his laundry list of bizarre accusations.
Here's what the Weekly had to say about the darling of Danbury's anti-immigrant movement...
McGowan's next appearance in court is scheduled for July 7 at 9:30 AM.
- McGowan harass marchers, desecrates Mexican flag at 2006 immigration rally
- McGowan joins racist local access personality Tom "Big T" Bennett in inciting people to harm members of the immigrant community.
- Fairfield Weekly mocks McGowan's campaign for mayor.
- Elise Marciano anti-immigrant group members applaud while speaker advocates placing immigrants in WW-II style concentration camps.
- Court trial day eight: The seven trillion dollar man
- Court trial day seven: Jury trial
- Court trial day six: Motions denied
- Court trial day five: Endless Endless subpoenas and bizarre motions to dismiss
- LITCHFIELD REGISTER-CITIZEN: Local man accused of rape is competent for trial
- NEWS-TIMES: McGowan found competent to stand trial in New Milford rape case
- Court trial day two: Excuses, excuses
- Court trial day one: Strange behavior, disturbing arrest warrant affidavit
- McGowan arrested, charged with first-degree sexual assault