It seems like the former Danbury mayoral candidate, local anti-immigration hate group co-founder, and local TV talk show host John McGowan is probably getting all the anal sex he’d want, just not the way he’d like it.
Sources state that the local xenophobe and pseudolaw scholar turned himself into authorities on the 15th to begin serving his four year prison sentence for first degree sexual assault
Here's a summary of the conviction against McGowan...
In the 13-page affidavit, the woman describes a variety of sexual encounters to which she consented, but she claimed that on Oct. 20, 2008, after attending a meeting at McGowan's church, he assaulted her anally at a house he was building on Juniper Road in New Milford.The woman told police she said, "What are you doing?" and "Stop," but McGowan instead "put his right arm around her neck and put her in a headlock," according to the affidavit.Details to come...UPDATE: The News-Times John Pirro picks up on the latest developments.
Former Danbury mayoral candidate and television talk show host John McGowan began serving his four-year sentence last week after the state Appellate Court turned down an appeal of his first-degree sexual assault conviction.RELATED POSTS:
The 47-year-old Bethel resident surrendered to authorities on Feb. 15 at the state Superior Court in Litchfield, where a six-member jury found him guilty in August 2011 of forcibly sodomizing a woman he was dating nearly three years earlier.
McGowan was in a wheelchair when he made his latest court appearance, and the attorney with him said his client had suffered medical problems since Judge James Ginocchio imposed the sentence in October 2011.
McGowan is being held at the Bridgeport Correctional Center, pending a probable assignment to another facility, a correction department spokesman said Thursday.
McGowan was arrested by New Milford police after the victim, a woman who worked on the crew of his public-access cable television program, "John McGowan Presents," claimed he assaulted her at a home he was building in New Milford in 2008.
The Appellate Court affirmed the conviction last month.
- McGowan harass marchers, desecrates Mexican flag at 2006 immigration rally
- McGowan joins racist local access personality Tom "Big T" Bennett in inciting people to harm members of the immigrant community.
- Fairfield Weekly mocks McGowan's campaign for mayor.
- Elise Marciano anti-immigrant group members applaud while speaker advocates placing immigrants in WW-II style concentration camps.
- Court trial day seven: Jury trial
- Court trial day six: Motions denied
- Court trial day five: Endless Endless subpoenas and bizarre motions to dismiss
- LITCHFIELD REGISTER-CITIZEN: Local man accused of rape is competent for trial
- NEWS-TIMES: McGowan found competent to stand trial in New Milford rape case
- Court trial day two: Excuses, excuses
- Court trial day one: Strange behavior, disturbing arrest warrant affidavit
- McGowan arrested, charged with first-degree sexual assault